Ellie, one of my favourite bloggers, passed on an award to me!!
Noblesse Oblige Award
The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:
• The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade amongst different cultures and beliefs
• Their Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions
• There is a clear purpose at the Blog: one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Cultures, Sciences, and Beliefs
• The Blog is refreshing and creative; and The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking
The requirements of the person receiving the award are as follows:
• Create a post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award
• The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post
• Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts as support
• The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions- Blogger must display the Award at any location at their Blog
This award is so timely for me! I’ve just finished my triathlon, celebrated six months of blogging and have a new blog in the works. What a perfect time to reflect a little on what I’ve accomplished with this blog.
My first goal was just to chronicle my journey to my first triathlon. I saw myself as an “everyday person” attempting an extraordinary thing. I took inspiration from my favourite food bloggers, journaling the eats that fuelled my training along the way.
Of course, it wasn’t all training and eating!! I found my happy weight, that number on the tape measure where I get to eat what I love and enjoy life, while maintaining a body size I feel comfortable in.
I gave up calorie counting for good. It was an invaluable tool in my weight loss, but was not healthy to continue doing in the long term. Astonishingly, I lost weight after calorie counting, learned to love my body more than ever before, and have started indulging in foods again that I previously put “off-limits.”
It wasn’t all serious though. I stuck with my goals, and learned to love running outdoors after a getting off to a tough start.
I also learned that everyone needs to let loose once in a while to maintain their sanity!
But that’s enough about this old blog…
That’s right, the big move is today!!! Go check it out at //thegreatbalancingact.com It’s where all the action is!!